To view this packet as a downloadable PDF, click here.
To bring a new company on board, the security agency must first create the company in the iDter system, and create at least the first company administrator role. After the physical installation of the Niōs at the customer site, these must be added to the company using the iDter app at close proximity to the Niōs. This step is important - this is how the Niōs automatically capture their GPS locations, for use in services such as 911. This can be done only by a manager or administrator, of either the company or security agency, so it is necessary that this role also exists in the system. Finally, it is important to adjust the view of the camera in each Niō while it is still physically accessible. Detailed instructions follow:
- Roles and Permissions: A Summary: A refresher of the company and agency structures, and who can do what.
- Adding a New Company to iDter: How a security administrator can enter a new company into the iDter system.
- Adding a New User at a Company: Once the company exists, it must have an administrator, and may have additional users. The person adding the Niō at the site must have at least manager level permissions.
- Installation Tips for the Niō: We recommend some best practices for physically installing the units.
- Powering Up the Niō Without Mounting: We recommend powering up the Niō and doing step 5 below before its physical installation on a wall.
- Niō Installation: Follow the steps in the installation guide that came with the Niō, after step 5 below.
- Adding Niōs to a Company: After physically mounting the units, they need to be associated with the company using the iDter app. During this step, the Niōs capture critical information about their location used in all iDter services, including 911. If previously set up elsewhere, the Niō must be deleted first (see below).
- Deleting a Niō
- Adjusting the Camera View: It is important to adjust the camera view to cover the desired area while the Niō is easily physically accessible.
- Adjusting the Niō for Its Environment (optional): It is also possible to change these settings remotely, but adjusting them at the site will optimize the settings for the actual environment - such as its ambient light and noise.
Now the Niō can be operated remotely using the iDter app!