It is very easy, in the iDter system, to be able ship ‘demo units’ to potential customers that will give them a realistic experience of the system. The steps are essentially the same as for onboarding them once they become customers, with the following slight differences.
- It is not necessary that the units be installed in their final intended locations; they can be tested anywhere, including simply in an office. Just remember that if they are not, they need to be set up again in their final locations.
- We recommend, at your discretion, that the customer be given an associate role initially to avoid accidental changes to settings. This can easily be changed once the customer is familiar enough with the system. As an associate they will be able to view events and recordings, but not change settings. Once their role has been upgraded to a manager or an administrator, they will have full control over the settings.
- The customer is likely to find two guides useful:
- Welcome to iDter: that helps the customer get set up on the iDter app.
- An Introduction to the iDter System: that introduces all essential features of the system.
Other than these minor differences, follow the detailed steps in The Guide to Onboarding a New Company.
Please sign in to leave a comment.