Basic Deterrence: Two voice-down messages separated by a time interval.
This is our most common scenario, and is widely applicable. We recommend customers initially start with this; this will help the iDter specialists to understand the special characteristics of the location, and develop appropriate customizations.
When an intrusion is detected:
- play a voice down message VM1,
- start a recording and send out notifications.
- Check again after time T seconds. If the intrusion was by a person and it persists after T seconds
- Play a voice down message VM2.
- Continue the recording until about a minute after intrusions have stopped. In situations with multiple intrusions occurring one after another, a single recording, started upon the first intrusion, will continue until all intrusions have stopped.
- The recording will be labeled ‘motion only’.
- The message VM1 will be played even if the intrusion is by a vehicle.
- The recording will be labeled with the nature of the intruder - person or vehicle.
- The messages VM1 and VM2 will only be played if the intruder is a person.
- Voice messages VM1 and VM2, volumes for these. (Default: user setting for speaker volume).
- Time to wait to allow intruder to leave Tw.
- Value of light intensity L to use for recording. (Default: user setting).
Some Notes on Usage
This default scenario is appropriate in most situations. The first voice message can be chosen to be a benign greeting and alerting the intruder that he is straying, and the second more aggressive. Analyzing the recordings will help understand the characteristics of intrusions at this location, allowing intelligent customization.