Loitering: Escalating responses when an intruder persists.
The loitering scenario is designed to provide an escalating sequence of deterrence actions when the intruder persists. The very first response brightly illuminates the area, discouraging lingering. This scenario can be extended and enhanced to suit your needs by an iDter specialist.
- When an intrusion is detected:
- Start a recording.
- Send notifications, and
- Play a voice down message VM1.
- Check again after Tw (60 seconds). If the intrusion persists:
- play a voice down message VM2 if it is by a person,
- followed by a loud siren for Ts (10 seconds),
- (optionally) accompanied by strobing lights that continue for Tf (30 seconds).
- The lights will stay at the maximum brightness, and the recording will continue, for up to 60 seconds after the intrusion ends. In situations with multiple intrusions occurring one after another, a single recording, started upon the first intrusion, will continue until all intrusions have stopped.
- These actions are performed for a finite period of time.
- The recording will be labeled ‘motion only’.
- The message VM1 will be played even if the intrusion is by a vehicle.
- The recording will be labeled with the nature of the intruder - person or vehicle.
- The messages VM1 and VM2 will only be played if the intruder is a person.
- The time to wait before checking for loitering Tw (60 seconds by default).
- The time to sound the siren for Ts (10 seconds by default).
- Whether strobes should be used and for how long Tf (30 seconds by default, 0 when not needed at all).
- Value of light intensity to use for recording L. (Default: 100%).
- Voice messages VM1 and VM2, volumes Va and Vb for these. (Default: user setting for speaker volume).
Notes on Usage
Damage is most often caused by loiterers. Several factors determine what behavior and adjustments would be most effective to prevent this damage - the ease of access to the property, the value at stake, the expected time to inflict damage, the proximity to police presence, etc. Your iDter specialist can work with you to find the best solution for your needs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.