This checklist provides you a way to test and get familiar with all the settings of the Niō. These steps can be performed as a Bench Test - that is, before the Niō is installed at its permanent location.
In the Niō and Settings tab, select Browse -> Sector -> Company, then the Niō’s name to view your Niō’s basic controls.
Select “Watch Niō Live” to view the camera live feed. This is also where you can test the speaker - by playing a Voice Down message or using the microphone, the siren, and strobe lights.
Test LED Lights
- Turn on red/blue strobe for 10s
- Turn on lights for 10s
- Turn on schedule for both lights and deterrence
- Play a voice down and ensure that all speakers are working and quality is good
Live View / Microphone Test
- Monitor thumbnail in the “Views Tab”. There should be an updated image every 5 seconds.
- Enter Live View
- Should see live video at 15fps - ensure video quality is good (i.e. colors look correct, image not distorted, etc)
- Should hear audio from microphone - ensure this audio is of good quality (i.e. not distorted, quiet, etc)
Scroll down and tap the Settings button to view advanced controls. Tap Lights to select the qualities your light should have when it is turned on. You can choose whether the top panels, the bottom panels, none, or both should be illuminated. You can also select the brightness level and color temperature on a sliding scale. New settings are saved automatically.
Settings → Lights
- Test LED brightness to maximum
- Test LED brightness to minimum (1%, not OFF)
- Test color temperature to 5000k
- Test color temperature to 3000k
- LED Panel
- Test “Top Lights” and “Bottom Lights” ON
- Test “Top Lights” Only
- Test “Bottom Lights” Only
- Test “Top Lights” and “Bottom Lights” OFF
- Go Back Into Schedule And Turn Lights OFF
PIR Sensor Test
- Set Niō behavior to “Lights ON Upon Detection”
- Wave hand in front of PIR sensor at a distance - LED lights should turn ON
- Lights may come on automatically if you already have someone/something in front of the camera.
- Turn OFF Monitoring Schedule